And to make a change from the bitching about people like AT&T and AmEX – something positive.
I finished the Norway Run last weekend in 16:07 which is a 9:28 / mile pace. Granted that’s a short race, but I’m getting back to the pace I ran in the spring in Brooklyn, so I think I just do much better with cooler weather.
I have three more races still scheduled for the year –
- Poland Springs 5 mile in the park on 10/31,
- Race to Deliver 4 mile on 11/21
- Joe Kleinerman 10k on 12/5
I’ll probably throw a couple of extras in there too to make doubly sure I hit the 9+1 requirement for the 2011 marathon and then it’s right into training for that. So even with three weeks off for this blasted bronchitis and sinus infection (which still isn’t cleared) I’m feeling like I’m on the right path.
So here are some more Goals:
- Get pace close to or under 9 min/mile for 4 miles before end of year
- Finish another three races (at least) and qualify for the marathon next year
- Improve my diet along with the training and figure out how to get more protein
- Add some spin classes to the mix